Thursday, April 30, 2009

This is why teenagers are the only ones who learn guitar

So the image that comes into you head (ok, my head) when thinking of someone learning the guitar is that of a teenager spending hours in his room, plucking away. I don't know if this is how it actually is, but I can't be far off.

I just don't have that kind of time. And I don't know what to do about it.

Also, I originally had the guitar in the living room, but then the baby started to get all up in there. So now it's in the bedroom, so I only see it in the morning and at night, and therefore don't think about it.

Side note to Conor: I think I'm going to go with a cowboy song, since you said something about cowboy chords. Some Willie might be good.

2 comments:

Frances said...

when I was learning it was when I was really stressed out about things in college. I would use it as a time when I didn't have to think about anything. I think I really only played for an hour at a time a couple times a week, but it was enough. I mean, you're not trying to be a guitar hero or anything.

I think the first song I ever learned was from the Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? Soundtrack. Lots of good (simple) country songs on it...

Team Boom said...

Willie songs would be good, but that dude is a helluva guitar player.